Second only to the Fourth of July, Memorial Day is perfect for a cookout. And while we love some tasty barbecue, we’ve often found an amazing side dish which steals the show. Like Jennifer Hudson in Dream Girls (sorry Beyoncé), these delicious sides are sure to make your Memorial Day barbecue memorable:
- Savory Summer Slaw: What’s barbecue without slaw?!? This savory summer slaw recipe is not your mamma’s. Sure, you’ll find standard slaw ingredients, but this dish boasts lemon-stuffed olives, maple syrup, bell peppers and more! A little chopping and whisking is all it takes to deliver this delicious dish to the table.
- French Potato Salad: Class up your tater salad with our French Potato Salad recipe (it’s classy because it’s French). With the rich flavors of our French Herb and Mustard seasoning and capers added to traditional potato salad flavors, this side is sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
- Jocelyn’s AllSpice Deviled Eggs: Always popular, these deviled eggs will be gone even faster than normal. Former AllSpicer Jocelyn added rich Colonel Pabst Worcestershire, our Tangy Herb and Dill Seasoning and two wine vinegars to deviled egg standard ingredients paprika and mustard to create her delightful twist on the standard deviled egg.
- White Truffle Macaroni and Cheese: This rich, from-scratch, mac and cheese recipe will have you ditching the blue box for good. Bacon and truffle flavors combine with mustard, red pepper flakes, and a touch of mustard powder to create a version of this classic fit for an adult gathering.
- Salsa Verde Pasta Salad: This mouth-watering pasta salad was created on-the-fly by former AllSpicer Piper’s mom Sarah for Piper’s graduation party. She tossed it together with things she had around the house (bow tie pasta, avocado, roasted corn and more). We loved it so much we grabbed the recipe and you clearly agree. It’s been made dozens of times by AllSpice customers and staff.
- Simple Potatoes Gratin: Lastly, there had better be a potato dish at the table (that isn’t a salad), and this one is AllSpicer Rory’s favorite. The recipe combines colorful baby and fingerling potatoes with an herb-infused cream mixture, which then goes in the oven to form a rich dish of bubbly, creamy, potato goodness.
Give one (or more) of these a try this weekend and let us know what you think! Or, if you’re making a favorite side dish of your own, share it with us in the comments or by submitting your recipe for the AllSpice recipe library.
Happy Memorial Day from the AllSpice crew!