The coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to spread internationally and has arrived in Iowa, and we’ve been taking action at AllSpice to help protect the health and well-being of you and our team. You’ll begin to notice some small changes around the shop so we’re giving you a heads-up.
Packaging Our Products
We are a small, locally-owned business, and take great pride in offering you fresh, high-quality products, which we package in-store. We follow ServSafe® Food Safety and Iowa Food Code standards, which create a highly sanitary environment for handling product as it is packaged. Because of this, we’ve not needed to make significant changes to our product handling procedures.
Operating the Shop
We’ve made some changes in our retail location, which include:
- Staff will avoid hugs and handshakes (trust us, we still love you!).
- Increased availability of hand sanitizer. Hand sanitizer is available at the sales counter for you and our staff.
- Increased cleaning and sanitizing of store fixtures. Fixtures you may come in contact with during your visit to the store are sanitized throughout the day. This includes items like door handles, shopping baskets, technology, countertops, and sample containers.
- Replacement of soap and towel dispensers in the restroom with new, hands-free options.
- Temporary suspension of Saturday Samples and cubed bread for olive oil and vinegar sampling.
- Temporary suspension of the bottle refill program for 12 oz. and 24 oz. olive oil and vinegar bottles.
- Removal of sample jars from the aisles.
We will continue to monitor the situation and recommendations from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and local authorities and will make additional adjustments to our operations as needed. We’ll bring back Saturday Samples, bread for sampling on Saturdays, and the refill program as the situation improves.
Updated Friday, 2020-03-13.