Here are the details:
- Spiced Cookie: Spiced cookie recipe must feature at least one ingredient from the chiles, herbs, spices, salts, peppers or baking category.
- Olive Oil Cookie: Olive oil cookie must use an AllSpice olive oil in place of traditional fat (like butter or margarine) in the recipe.
- Frosted Cookie: Frosted cookie entries must use a creative AllSpice ingredient in the frosting.
Entries in all classes will be judged on overall taste, appearance, and texture.
- Overall best cookie: $50 AllSpice Gift Certificate
- 1st Place, each class (spiced cookie, olive oil, frosted cookie): $25 AllSpice Gift Certificate
- 2nd Place, each class $15 AllSpice Gift Certificate
- 3rd Place, each class $10 AllSpice Gift Certificate
Every entrant in every contest also receives a 5 oz bottle of Balsamic Vinegar.
Get inspired for creative cookie-baking with our complete list of cookie recipes.
Deadline for State Fair contest entries is July 1, 2013. You can find the Iowa State Fair food contest brouchure, with entry fees (essentially, $5/entry) and all other rules and details on the Iowa State Fair website (.pdf).
If you have any questions or need clarification about the AllSpice contests, please stop by the shop, phone us (515-868-0808), or drop us an email.
Photo: AllSpice owner, Rory, and manager, Amy, at the 2012 Iowa State Fair.