Our newest AllSpicer, Autumn, is a fan of tasty meals with easy clean up. Her hot and sweet Gochujang Chicken is tasty and meets the easy clean-up requirement – she serves it right out of the skillet!
“I’m a fan of hugely simple recipes I can tweak,” says Autumn. For this simple recipe, you’ll need the following:
- 2lbs Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs, cut into pieces.
- 1/2 cup Gochujang Paste (red pepper paste available at most Asian markets, some grocery stores, or on Amazon if you can’t find it locally)
- 4 T Honey (we recommend a nice, local honey like Bell Farm Honey)
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp Gochugaru Chile, Crushed (add more to taste – will add heat)
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper, Fine Ground
- 1 Dash Smoked Sea Salt
- 1-2 T Roasted Sesame Oil
Mix together gochujang, honey, red pepper flakes, gochugaru, black pepper and smoked sea salt. Pour mixture over the chicken and marinate for at least an hour. Autumn recommends using a baggie so you can “squish” it all together. Cook in a hot skillet with 1-2 T of roasted sesame oil until chicken is done. Serve solo, over rice, or like Autumn did, with a nice cheese fondu for dipping.
This basic recipe can be tweaked to add all sorts of things – mushrooms, green onion, etc. – really whatever you like! You can also swap out sesame oil for something like Cayenne Infused Olive Oil or Chipotle Olive Oil.
Are you a fan of one-skillet meals? Share your favorites with us in the comments.