- 16 oz. Fresh or Frozen Berries
- 3 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ C. Granulated Sugar
- 1½ C. Buttermilk
- ½ C. Sour Cream
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla Paste or Vanilla Extract, Tahitian
- Prepare your ice cream machine according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and pulse to mix together, until the berries begin to break down, stopping before the fruits become completely smooth.
- Transfer mixture to prepared ice cream maker and operate according to instructions.
- Transfer ice cream to an airtight container and freeze for at least an hour until firm.
- Feel free to experiment with different berries in this recipe – strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries are all delicious alone or in any combination.
- This is particularly good with a fruit infused balsamic such as our Blueberry Balsamic Vinegar, Black Cherry Balsamic Vinegar, or Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar.
- As a point of reference, a quart of ice cream batter churned in a 1½ quart Cuisinart ice cream maker takes about 25-30 minutes to reach soft-serve consistency.
- This recipe can be made several days ahead.
Have you made this recipe? Share your experience with us in the comments below.