- ⅔ C. Flour
- ½ C. Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- ¾ tsp. Baking Powder
- ½ tsp. Cinnamon, Saigon Ground
- 1 tsp. Chinese Five-Spice Powder
- ⅛ tsp. Cloves, Ground
- ⅛ tsp. Nutmeg, Whole, Freshly Grated
- ¼ tsp. Sea Salt, Fine
- ⅓ C. Roasted Walnut Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 1 C. Carrot, Finely Grated
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8 oz. Package Cream Cheese, Softened
- 8 Tbsp. Butter, Softened
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract, Mexican
- 1¾ C. Confectioners Sugar
- ½ tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- Line cupcake pan with paper liners. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, granulated sugar, baking soda, baking powder, spices, and salt. Mix well to blend.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the oil and eggs until blended, and then stir the egg mixture into the flour. Add the grated carrot and stir until mixture is well blended.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared cupcake pan, filling each paper liner just over halfway.
- Bake for 18-20 min, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Let cakes cool in the pan until easy to handle, about 15 min, and then remove cupcakes from the warm pan and continue to cool them on a wire rack.
- While the cake is cooling, make the frosting. In a bowl, combine all frosting ingredients. Using a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or a handheld mixer, beat on medium speed until ingredients are completely combined, and the frosting is smooth. Spread or pipe the frosting over each cupcake. Garnish with additional grated carrots if desired.
Have you made this recipe? Share your experience with us in the comments below.