- 16 oz. Whole Blanched Almonds
- 6 C. Ice Water
- 5 oz. Stale White Bread (About 6 Slices), Crusts Removed
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1½ tsp. Sea Salt, Fine
- 6 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Unflavored)
- 6 Tbsp. Sherry Wine Vinegar
- Peppercorns, Tellicherry Whole to Taste
- 8 oz. Green or Gold Grapes, Halved for Garnish
- Soak bread in a little water until softened.
- Peel and mash the garlic cloves with the salt forming a smooth and fragrant paste.
- Place almonds in the bowl of a food processor and pulse briefly, using the metal purée blade, until the largest pieces are the size of large breadcrumbs and they are sticking to the side of the bowl. Use a spatula to scrape the nuts from around the edges of the food processor bowl. Add 1 cup of the ice water. Turn the processor back on and process until the almonds form a paste that folds back on itself.
- Squeeze the excess water from the bread and add to the almonds along with the garlic paste and olive oil and combine till smooth.
- With the food processor running, slowly pour in the remaining ice water until the mixture has the consistency of heavy cream.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in the sherry vinegar and black pepper. Chill soup for at least an hour.
- To serve, pour into individual bowls or clear glasses and garnish with grapes.
Have you made this recipe? Share your experience with us in the comments below.