- ⅓ C. Tomato Paste
- 3 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp. Aleppo Chile, Crushed
- 3 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- ½ tsp. White Pepper, Fine Ground
- ½ tsp. Sea Salt, Fine
- 3 Ice Cubes
- ¼ C. Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Unflavored)
- 4 Boneless and Skinless Chicken Breasts, Cut into 1″ Cubes
One day in advance:
- In a food processor fitted with the metal chopping blade, combine the tomato paste, lemon juice, Aleppo pepper, garlic, white pepper, salt and ice cubes.
- Drizzle in the oil a little at a time as you process, until it becomes a thick paste.
- Place the chicken in a bowl and coat well with the paste. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
The day you’re serving the dish:
- To cook, build a fire in an outdoor grill.
- Brush off the marinade from the chicken with a basting brush or paper towel and discard the marinade.
- Arrange the chicken cubes on skewers. Grill for 8-10 minutes, turning to cook evenly on all sides. Serve immediately.
If you don’t have access to a grill, you may instead choose to grill the kebabs.
Have you made this recipe? Share your experience with us in the comments below.