We tried this recipe out during one of our “Cooking with Alessandra” class collaborations, and it’s absolutely delicious!
- 2 lbs. Pork, Ground
- 1½ Tbsp. Kosher Salt
- 1 ½ Tbsp. of Black Pepper, Fine Ground, Divided
- Prepared Casings
- Optional Additions:
- In a large bowl, combine the pork, spices, and liquids.
- Mix well, using your hands to thoroughly incorporate spices into the ground pork.
- Stuff the mixture into the prepared casing.
- Arrange the links on a platter, cover platter with waxed paper or plastic wrap, and refrigerate for a least 2 hours to meld the flavors. These sausages can be baked in the oven, grilled or cooked on the stove.
- Choose pork cheek or pork belly for this recipe; you want to have at least 80% fat. This cut should be ground one time and mixed well to evenly distribute the fat.
- You may substitute Coarse Sea Salt for the kosher salt, if desired.
Have you made this recipe? Share your experience with us in the comments below.