This recipe won first prize in our 2017 State Fair Cookie contest! This combination of flavors is certainly blue ribbon-worthy!
- 1 C. (2 Sticks) Unsalted Butter
- ⅓ C. Packed Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract, Bourbon Island
- 1 Egg, Beaten
- 2¼ C. All Purpose Flour
- ¼ C. Organic Cocoa Powder, Dutch Processed
- 1 tsp. Blood Orange Fused Olive Oil
- ½ tsp. Honey, Granulated
- ½ tsp. Nutmeg, Ground
- ¾ C. Pistachios, Finely Chopped
- ¾ C. Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- ¼ Brick Paraffin Wax
- ¼ C. Pistachios, Ground
- In a medium saucepan, combine the butter and brown sugar. Cook and stir mixture over medium heat until the butter melts. Remove pan from heat.
- Stir in vanilla extract and olive oil, then allow mixture to cool for 15 minutes.
- Add the beaten egg, flour, spices, and cocoa powder to the butter-brown sugar mixture, stirring until ingredients are all incorporated. Stir in the ¾ Cup pistachio nuts. Refrigerate dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Divide cookie dough in half. Lightly flour a work surface. Use a rolling pin to roll our each half of the dough to a thickness of 1¼”. Use a floured cookie cutter to cut small, circles from the dough.
- Place cut-out cookies on a greased cookie sheet, spaced about 1″ apart. Bake each batch for 9 minutes, or until cookies are firm. Remove baking sheet from oven, allow cookies to cool a few minutes on the cookie sheet before using a spatula to transfer cookies to cool completely on wire racks.
- In a double boiler, melt semisweet chocolate chips and paraffin wax over low-to-medium heat.
- Dip ½ of each shaped cookie into the melted chocolate, and then roll the coated edge in ground pistachios.
- Place dipped cookies back on wire rack and allow chocolate coating to cool before serving.
Have you made this recipe? Share your experience with us in the comments below.