- 2 oz. Bag Ancho Chile, Whole
- 1 Tbsp. Pasilla Chile, Powder
- 1½ C. Orange Juice, Freshly Squeezed
- 3 Cloves Fresh Garlic
- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Unflavored)
- ¾ tsp. Kosher Salt
- Heat a dry griddle or heavy skillet over moderate heat until hot but not smoking. Toast chilies, 1 or 2 at a time, pressing down with tongs, a few seconds on each side to make more pliable.
- Wearing rubber gloves, remove stems, seeds, and veins.
- In a blender, purée the toasted chilies with remaining ingredients until the mixture is completely smooth.
- Sauce may be made 2 days ahead and chilled, covered.
- Great with shrimp, chicken and pork!