Anna says: This mixture is a great foundation/filling for burritos, nachos, tacos, enchiladas, or pulled chicken sandwiches. Need a dip? Add cream cheese and cheddar cheese to the final mixture, and heat, stirring regularly, until the mixture is smooth for a great dip. Frequent tastes are encouraged: you can always add a little more chile coffee rub or other seasonings to find your favorite flavor.
- 2 lbs. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 2 Tbsp. Chipotle Infused Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Onion, Cut into Wedges
- 2 Green Peppers, Cut into ½” Strips
- 2 Red Peppers, Cut into ½” Strips
- 2 Tbsp. Chile Coffee Rub
- 1 tsp. Kosher Salt
- ½ C. Frozen Corn
- 1 15 oz. Can Black Beans, Drained and Rinsed
- Diced Jalapeño (Optional)
- Arrange boneless chicken pieces in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Drizzle oil over the chicken and sprinkle the chile coffee rub and salt over the chicken. Add the chopped onions and peppers to the chicken. Put the lid on the slow cooker and cook on the low heat setting for 8 hours.
- After 8 hours, transfer the chicken to a cutting board and shred the pieces with two forks. Next, add the shredded chicken, black beans, corn, and optional jalapeño back to the slow cooker, and cook on low for 30 minutes or until everything is heated through.
- Feel free to use a substitute boneless chicken thighs, if preferred.