This recipe comes from customer Sara C. of Des Moines, and it won 2nd Place in AllSpice’s Sweet Snack Mix contest at the 2018 Iowa State Fair!
- 4 C. Vanilla Chex
- 4 C. Cinnamon Chex
- 3 C. Corn Chex
- 4 C. Honey Graham Crackers, Broken into Pieces
- 4 C. Apple Chips
- 2 C. Butter Toffee Peanuts
- 3 C. Yogurt Pretzels
- 2 C. Caramel Baking Bits
- 8 Tbsp. Butter
- 3 Tbsp. Apple Pie Spice Blend
- 1 tsp. Chili Powder, Medium
- 3 tsp. Ginger, Powder
- ½ tsp. Sea Salt, Fine
- 1 Tbsp. Apple Juice
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- In a large roasting pan, combine the dry cereals, graham crackers, and apple chips. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the peanuts, pretzels, and caramel. Set aside.
- Add the sauce ingredients to a small saucepan. Stir over medium heat, until butter is melted. Pour one tablespoon of butter mixture over the peanut mixture, and pour the rest over the cereal mixture. Toss to evenly coat pieces with the sauce.
- Place roasting pan in the oven and bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove pan from oven, allow to cool, and add the peanut mixture.
Have you made this recipe? Share your experience with us in the comments below.