- 1 Sheet Frozen Puff Pastry, Thawed According to Package Directions
- 2 Tbsp. French Herb & Mustard Rub
- 1-1/2 C. Shredded Gruyère Cheese
- 1/2 Bunch Asparagus, Washed and Trimmed
- 2 Tbsp. Traditional Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tbsp. Water
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- On floured surface, roll the puff pastry into a rectangle that is about 11″ x 14″. Transfer rolled-out puff pastry to a baking sheet that you have lined with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the rub with the shredded cheese. Toss a few times to make sure the spice is evenly distributed throughout.
- Sprinkle one cup of the seasoned cheese mixture over the pastry sheet, leaving about a half inch edge. Arrange the trimmed asparagus spears evenly around the pastry. Top with additional cheese.
- Beat the egg with the water and brush edge of pastry sheet with the egg mixture.
- Bake dish until cheese is nicely melted and exposed edges of the pastry are golden, about 20 minutes. Remove baking sheet from oven and allow to cool for just a few minutes.
- Transfer to a serving platter, drizzling with the balsamic vinegar before serving.
Have you made this recipe? Share your experience with us in the comments below.