- 2 lb. Potatoes
- 2 Onions, Finely Sliced
- 2 tsp. Sumac, Ground
- 1 tsp. Sea Salt, Coarse, Plus More for Boiling Potatoes
- 3 Green Onions, Chopped
- 4 Hard-Boiled Eggs, Peeled and Chopped Roughly
- 3 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Unflavored
- 2 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- ½ tsp. Black Pepper, Coarse Ground
- 1 Avocado, Pitted, Peeled and Diced
- Peel and dice the potatoes into even, bite-sized pieces. Add potato pieces to a large pot of salted water, and boil until they are fork-tender, about 15 minutes. Drain the extra water from the pot and transfer the potatoes to a bowl to cool.
- Put the sliced onions in a medium bowl and sprinkle with sumac. Using your hands, toss the slices to coat with the spice, and squeeze gently. This gives the onions a good color while also removing some of the bitterness from the onions. Allow mixture to sit while potatoes are cooling.
- Assemble the potato salad in a large serving bowl. Add the spiced onions, potatoes, and eggs to the bowl. Drizzle mixture with olive oil, lemon juice, and black pepper and toss to coat. Add the avocado and very gently toss a few more times.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
You may make this potato salad as instructed up to 2 days in advance, but do not add the diced avocado until immediately before serving. Toss gently to incorporate avocado into the salad.
Have you made this recipe? Share your experience with us in the comments below.