- 9 C. Chex Cereals, Any Flavor
- 1 C. Gardetto’s Garlic Bagel Chips
- 1 C. Cheez-It Crackers
- 1 Can Premium Mixed Nuts
- 1 C. Pretzels
- ½ C. Plus 2 Tbsp. Salted Butter (1¼ stick)
- 1 tsp. Onion, Powdered
- 1 tsp. Garlic, Powder
- 2¼ Tbsp. Smoked Bacon Salt
- 1½ Tbsp. Col. Pabst Worcestershire Sauce (or 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire Powder)
- 1½ Tbsp. Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp. Celery Salt
- 2 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Bacon Fat, or to Taste
- 6 Strips Bacon, Crumbled
- Cook and crumble bacon, reserving bacon fat.
- Melt butter and seasonings in a heavy saucepan or frying pan, along with the bacon fat. Stir to dissolve powdered and ground ingredients.
- Meanwhile, assemble your large bowl(s) of dry ingredients (Chex Cereals, Gardetto’s, Cheeze-Its, nuts, etc.). Toss gently to combine.
- Slowly add the seasoned liquid to the bowl of crunchy ingredients, and toss repeatedly to ensure that dry ingredients are evenly coated.
- Spread snack mix in a single layer on a large baking sheet(s). Bake at 250°F for 45 min, gently tossing/mixing every 15 minutes to insure even toasting. For the final 15 minutes, raise oven temperature to 300°F to lightly brown the mix.
- Allow snack mix to cool for several hours, and enjoy. The flavor intensifies if the mix is allowed to sit for a day.
Have you made this recipe? Share your experience with us in the comments below.