- 1 Tbsp. Leek Agrumato Olive Oil
- 4 Slices Bacon, Crumbled
- 2 Tbsp. Leek Flakes
- 2 C. Flour
- 1 Tbsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar
- ¼ C. Cheddar Cheese, Coarsely Grated
- ½ C. Milk
- ½ C. Leek Agrumato Olive Oil
- ¼ C. Sour Cream
- 2 Eggs, Beaten
- Pinch of Black Pepper, Coarse Ground
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Lightly oil a mini muffin pan.
- Heat the tablespoon of olive oil in a heavy frying pan over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add the bacon and cook until crisp, turning to evenly brown both sides of each piece. Use tongs to remove cooked bacon from skillet, draining before moving to a paper towel-lined plate to cool. Crumble cooled bacon into bits over a small bowl; set aside.
- Sift together the flour, salt, and baking powder in a mixing bowl. Stir in sugar, leek flakes, grated cheddar cheese and bacon into the dry ingredient mixture.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, the half cup of olive oil, sour cream, eggs and pepper.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Use a heavy wooden spoon to mix together until just combined.
- Spoon batter into muffin tins, almost filling each compartment. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes (or until a toothpick, inserted into the center of a muffin, comes out clean).
- Remove muffin pan from oven and allow muffins to cool in the pan for five minutes before turning them out onto a wire cooling rack.
- Repeat process with remaining muffin batter. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Have you made this recipe? Share your experience with us in the comments below.