- 5 Slices Bacon
- 1 Clove Fresh Garlic, Minced
- 1 lb. Ground Pork
- 1 tsp. Kosher Salt
- ¼ tsp. Peppercorns, Tellicherry Whole, Freshly Ground
- ¼ tsp. Sage, Rubbed
- 4 Potato-Bread Buns, Split
- Unsalted Butter, Softened, for Spreading
- Pulse the bacon and garlic in a food processor until ingredients are coarsely ground.
- Combine the ground pork, salt, pepper and sage in a large bowl. Add the garlic-bacon mixture and gently mix with your hands.
- Neatly form the meat mixture into 4 balls of equal size, then lightly press each ball into 4′ wide, 1′ thick patties. Make an indentation in the center of each patty to prevent the patties from bulging when grilled.
- Preheat grill to medium high. Grill burgers on one side, about 5-6 minutes, then flip and grill the other side for another 4-6 minutes.
- While the burgers cook, spread the cut sides of the potato buns with butter and toast lightly for a minute on the grill.
- Serve patties on buns and top with coleslaw.
Yield: Four quarter pound burgers
Have you made this recipe? Share your experience with us in the comments below.