- 2 Green Onions, Thinly Sliced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Unflavored
- 1 C. Brown Rice
- 2 C. Water
- 1 tsp. Baharat Spice Blend
- ½ Carrot, Grated
- Kosher Salt to Taste
- In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. When oil is hot, add the onion and garlic and sauté, stirring occasionally until onions are becoming translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Add the brown rice and stir to combine. Cook for a few minutes more, stirring occasionally, until the rice is lightly golden.
- Add the water and Baharat, then turn heat up to high to bring water to a boil. Stir once, then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cook rice mixture, covered, for about 45–50 minutes, or until rice is tender. Ten minutes before the cooking time is done, stir in the grated carrot and season with a little salt. Remove saucepan from heat, and allow dish to sit, covered, for about five additional minutes so that remaining liquid is absorbed. Serve immediately.
Have you made this recipe? Share your experience with us in the comments below.