- 6 oz. Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 C. Whipping Cream
- 1 Tbsp. Sugar
- 2 oz. (4 Tbsp.) Baileys® Salted Caramel Liqueur
- 1 Chocolate Cookie Pie Crust
- Sea Salt, Coarse, For Sprinkling
- Optional Garnishes: Shaved Chocolate and/or Caramel Sauce
- Place a double boiler placed over a pan of simmering water. Melt the chocolate chips, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- Using the whisk attachment on an electric mixer, whip cream and sugar together in a mixing bowl at high speed for several minutes. While the sugar/cream combo is mixing, drizzle in the liqueur. Continue whisking until soft peaks form.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently fold the melted chocolate chips into the chocolate-whipped cream mixture, and stir very gently until melted chocolate is just incorporated into the cream.
- Use the spatula to transfer the chocolate cream filling into the cookie/prepared pie crust and top with a sprinkling of coarse salt.
- Refrigerate pie for 4-6 hours, or until filling is firmly set.
- Though we love the caramel version Bailey’s, the traditional Irish Cream flavor works just as well.
- For a special finishing touch, choose Espresso Brava Salt in place of the sea salt.
Have you made this recipe? Share your experience with us in the comments below.