- ⅔ C. Chopped Onion
- 5 Large Garlic Cloves
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Ginger, Peeled and Chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Curry Powder, Mild
- 1 Tbsp. Cinnamon, Sri Lankan True Ground
- ¾ tsp. Red Pepper Chile, Crushed
- ½ C. Fresh Cilantro, Divided
- 12 Chicken Thighs
- 2 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 2 C. Canned Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 1 C. Chicken Broth
- ½ tsp. Turmeric, Ground
- Freshly Cooked Rice
- Blend first six ingredients and a quarter cup cilantro in processor to paste, stopping often to scrape down sides of the bowl. Rub paste over chicken.
- Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and brown on all sides, about six minutes. Add coconut milk, broth, and turmeric. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until chicken is cooked through, turning once, about 30 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to plate. Boil liquid in skillet until reduced to “sauce” consistency, about four minutes. Season with salt.
- Return chicken to skillet, heat through. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro and serve over rice.
- Many different types of curry powder work well in this recipe. For a spicier kick, try Curry Powder, Hot. Other options, like Curry Powder, Madras Style or our Vadouvan Curry Blend also work nicely in this recipe.
Have you made this recipe? Share your experience with us in the comments below.