2/3 cup Water
1/4 cup + 1 tbsp Granulated Sugar or Evaporated Cane Juice
2 tbsp Light Corn Syrup
1/3rd cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
4 tbsp unsweetened Cocoa Powder
One 3” Cinnamon Stick (Cassia)
1 small Dried Ghost Chile (can substitute other dried chilies)
The flavors of uber-hot ghost chile, cinnamon and chocolate pair incredibly well. Surprisingly, this sauce isn’t blow-your-sinuses-out fiery. The flavor is dark-chocolate with extra depth from the cinnamon, a bit of smokiness from the ghost chili, and then a pleasantly warm-savory-slightly spicy finish.
- Combine all ingredients in a small sauce pan and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Extract & discard the ghost chile.
- Let the sauce cool until just warm. Extract & discard the cinnamon stick.
- Strain the sauce & move it to a sealed container in the refrigerator.
- Let the sauce chill, then use it to sauce your favorite desserts!
- Note: if the sauce comes out too thick or thickens during storage, it can be thinned with a little water.