For the Maple Sugar Butter:
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
3 Tablespoons Maple Sugar Powder
For the Muffins:
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1 cup unbleached all purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup buttermilk
1 large egg
2 ears of sweet corn, boiled 8 minutes, cooled and kernels cut from cob.
5 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, cooled slightly
For maple butter:
- Using electric mixer, beat butter in medium bowl until creamy.
- Gradually beat in Maple Sugar until well blended and smooth.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Butter 12 regular (1/3-cup) muffin cups.
- Sift cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt into medium bowl.
- Whisk buttermilk and egg in another medium bowl; whisk in melted butter.
- Add buttermilk mixture and sweet corn kernels to dry ingredients; stir just until incorporated (do not overmix).
- Divide batter equally among prepared muffin cups. Bake muffins until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 15 minutes (muffins will be pale). Cool on rack 10 minutes.
Serve with your maple butter!