AllSpicer Chris says: “Close to Halloween my mom would make a batch of pumpkin bars every other day it seemed. I’m sharing her recipe here, with just a few modifications.”
- 4 Eggs
- 2 C. Sugar
- 1½ C. Vegetable Oil
- 2 C. Flour
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon, Saigon Ground
- 1 Can Pumpkin Purée
- 2 C. Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 4 oz. Cream Cheese
- 4 Tbsp. Butter
Make the bars:
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Mix together all ingredients.
- Lightly oil a large, rimmed cookie sheet, and spread with the dough.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Allow to cool completely in the pan before frosting.
- Make the frosting by creaming together the sugar, butter, cream cheese, and vanilla.
- Spread the frosting on the cooled bars.