Pumpkin Seeds (sometimes called Pepitas) are the perfect fall treat — partly because this is the time of year that we harvest pumpkins and other winter squash, and partly because versatile pumpkin seeds can be “spiced up” and seasoned so many different ways!
These are just a few of our favorite mixtures and blends to use.
Each batch of pumpkin seeds will need:
Customize your toasted pumpkin seeds with your favorite flavor combinations:
- Basic – 1 tsp Sea Salt, 1 tsp black pepper
- Sweet – Butter Olive Oil, 1-1/2 tsp Cinnamon Sugar, 1/8 tsp Salt
- Pizza – Garlic Olive Oil, 1 tsp Gusto Pizza Seasoning, 1/2 tsp Tomato Powder
- BBQ – 2 tsp Pig Powder OR Mo’ Rub
- Pickle – 2 tsp Tangy Herb and Dill Seasoning
- Sweet and Spicy – 1-1/2 tsp Honey Powder, 1/2 tsp Sriracha Salt
- Spiced – 2 tsp Baharat Spice or Ras El Hanout
- Pie-Spiced – Butter Olive Oil, 1-1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
Preheat oven to 300°F. Toss seeds in oil and spices to coat. Spread seasoned pumpkin seeds in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
Bake for 45 minutes, stirring after 15 minutes, and 30 minutes. Remove baking sheet from oven and allow pumpkin seeds to cool before transferring to a serving bowl.
Store any leftover seasoned pumpkin seeds in an air tight container for up to a week!