July 7 is National Macaroni Day!
- 1½ C. Milk
- 12 oz. Can Evaporated Milk
- ¼ C. Butter, Melted and Cooled
- 3 Eggs
- ½ tsp. Kosher Salt
- 3 C. Shredded Italian Cheese Blend
- ½ lb. Elbow Macaroni
- Black Pepper, Coarse Ground
- ¼ C. Truffled Parmesan Rub
- ¼ C. Bread Crumbs
- Grease the inside of your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray, or butter.
- Combine milk, evaporated milk, butter, eggs, and salt in the slow cooker, whisking until eggs are beaten and mixture is smooth.
- In a small bowl, mix together the bread crumbs and Truffled Parmesan Rub.
- Add the Italian cheese and macaroni to the slow cooker, and sprinkle with black pepper to taste. Stir gently to coat pasta evenly.
- Sprinkle bread crumb mixture on top of coated macaroni mixture.
- Cover the slow cooker, and cook on highest heat setting for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, without lifting the slow cooker lid, reduce the slow cooker temperature to low and cook for another 1-1/2 to 2 hours, or until the center of the dish does not “jiggle” when shaken, and the macaroni pasta is tender.
Have you made this recipe? Share your experience with us in the comments below.