- 15 oz. Can Black Beans
- 15 oz. Can Black Eyed Peas
- ½ Green Bell Pepper
- ½ Red Bell Pepper
- 2 Roma Tomatoes
- ¼ Red Onion
- ¼ Bunch Fresh Cilantro
- 4 Tbsp. Persian Lime Fused Olive Oil
- ½ Tbsp. White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp. Merquén Chile, Crushed
- 1 tsp. Cumin, Ground
- ½ tsp. Sea Salt, Coarse
- ½ tsp. Sugar
- Rinse and drain the two types of beans in a colander. Allow the excess water to drain completely while you prepare the vegetables.
- Finely dice the red and green bell pepper, tomatoes, and red onion. Try to dice the vegetables into small pieces that are roughly the same size as the beans. Coarsely chop the cilantro. Combine the drained beans, chopped bell pepper, tomato, onion, and cilantro in a large bowl.
- Make the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Merquén chile, cumin, salt, and sugar until ingredients are thoroughly incorporated. Pour the dressing over the salad, then toss to make certain everything is well coated.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate, covered, until ready to eat. Serve with corn chips.
Have you made this recipe? Share your experience with us in the comments below.