We already know what you’re thinking…”Really? Hot Chocolate blend as a spotlight spice?!?” Yep. We’re featuring our Hot Chocolate – Café Blend this week to show you it’s good for more than just a warm glass of hot cocoa (not that there’s anything wrong with that).
Our hot chocolate blend is made from cacao beans, cane sugar, cocoa butter, and vanilla beans, and is certified organic. Use 1/4 cup of the blend to 1 cup of warm milk for a perfectly balanced mug of hot chocolate. For variations on the original, give our Hot Cocoa with Ancho Chiles and Spices and Hot Chocolate “Invierno Contento” recipes a try.
Feeling creative? Here are some other less traditional uses for the blend:
- Mmm, mocha! Make a simple café mocha by using one third of our half-cup jar or bag of our hot chocolate blend, adding a shot of espresso or strong coffee, and a bit of steamed milk. Stir well.
- Fan of Rice Krispie Treats? Add some chocolaty-goodness with our Hot Chocolate Rice Krispie Treat recipe.
- Flapjacks. Add a few tablespoons of the blend to your pancake mixture to create delicious hot cocoa pancakes. Pro tip: garnish with whipped cream and strawberries for an amazing flavor combo.
- Let them eat cake! Our Mexican Hot Cocoa Cake is a real treat with a cayenne kick! Perfect for those who love a little heat with their sweets.
- Popcorn, who doesn’t love it? Toss your popcorn in a tablespoon or two of the hot chocolate blend. For extra credit, drizzle with melted milk chocolate morsels and toss in some marshmallows.
- Oatmeal can be a real snooze. But not when you add some hot chocolate mix! Pass on the brown sugar and berries and mix in a tablespoon or two of the blend for a decadent start to the day.
Can’t get enough? Check out the hundreds of recipes on Pinterest which call for a hot cocoa blend and share your favorites with us in the comments.