This October-November two-month period encompasses several dates that commemorate food security (including World Food Day, October 16), reverence for life in all species, faith-based vegetarianism and animal advocacy, and more.
Being vegan, as you know, means abstaining from the use of animal products, particularly in diet. And while most of the folks on the AllSpice staff aren’t vegans, we do appreciate some of the ideas underlying the practice:
- eating healthy food of every type is delicious
- being mindful of what we eat; where our ingredients come from, how our food is raised or grown, makes us appreciate and enjoy what we’re eating all the more.
So, World Vegan Day (at the beginning of World Vegan Month) seems as good a date as any to bring SpicyBytes readers up to date on our recently-revamped VEG OUT! gift box.
The Veg Out gift box ($22.00) is an assortment of some of AllSpice’s best-loved spice and seasoning blends that are especially well-suited to making vegetable-focused recipes.*
The six, 1/4 Cup jars in the Veg Out set span the globe and delight the taste buds:
- Spicy Ammazza Suocera
- Sweet heat Ancho-Honey Blend
- North African Berbere Spice
- Madras-Style Curry Powder
- Snack-lovers’ favorite, Tangy Herb and Dill Seasoning
- and quintessential Middle Eastern condiment, Za’atar Blend
This week’s Saturday Sample, and Recipe of the Week feature dishes that draw from the versatile components of the Veg Out box, and we hope you’ll give them a try!
Shhhhhhhh. *(Secret message for carnivores and omnivores: each of these Veg Out box ingredients is also super-yummy on chicken, pork, fish, beef, or any other favorite animal protein.)