- 1 Papaya or Mango
- 1 C. Strawberries
- 2 Kiwis
- 1 Banana
- 2 Navel Oranges
- 3 Tbsp. Honey, Granulated
- 3 Tbsp. Fresh Mint
- ¼ C. water
- 1 Tbsp. Grand Marnier (Optional)
- 1 C. Raspberries or Blueberries
- Fresh Mint Sprigs for Garnish
- Peel and dice the mango or papaya, and put in a medium bowl. Trim the strawberries’ stems and half or quarter, if large. Add to the bowl of fruit. Peel and dice the kiwi, add to bowl. Peel and slice the bananas, add to bowl.
- Cut the top and bottom off the oranges just deep enough to expose the inner fruit. Following the curve of the fruit, cut the skin and pith off the orange in panels. Holding the orange over the bowl, cut between the membranes to free the citrus segments. Let them fall into the bowl as they are cut free.
- By hand, squeeze all the juice from the remaining membrane over the fruit, then discard. Repeat with the other orange.
- In a small saucepan, lightly stir together the granulated honey and Grand Marnier, water, and mint over low to medium heat, until the honey dissolves and mixture reduces by half. Let syrup cool.
- Drizzle cooled syrup over the salad, add the berries and set aside for 10 minutes (or up to 2 hours). Garnish with fresh mint if desired before serving.
Have you made this recipe? Share your experience with us in the comments below.